April was a busy month for me quilting-wise. The first finish was April Flowers – an adorable baby quilt for the Island Batik April challenge. The second was Diamond Showers for the Be a Diamond blog-hop. April flowers was easy and quick. Diamond Showers was not. I’m proud I stuck to it and finished them both.
I used assorted strips of green from my stash. I inherited some of them from my aunt who got them from a consignment store she volunteers at. See story in Storied Dresden. I had cut some of the strips probably 4 years ago to make a scrappy lone star quilt like the one in Burnt Orange. The greens didn’t quite sing together, so that plan was shelved. I brought them out a couple of years later and thought they looked better with whites on both sides rather than bunched together. In addition to greens and whites, I used an orange floral print to give it a more garden/park feel. With the blocks done, piecing the top took just a couple of hours.